This week was for our final show building. Even my ceramic works were all fired, there were lots of things to be done.
I painted the plinth Dulux Quick Dry paint for wood and metal. It needs a final finish on the next Monday.
I bought fly trap plants for the following ceramic. With the curious appearance, these plants suit the theme of my work well which is about fantasy.
Before we moved our work to the show space, Tao arranged a photo shooting. These photos will be used in making booklets, postcards and posters for promotion. It was a shame that I didn't take enough pictures because the flashlights were overheating and went out. I will take more on Monday after I finish installing.
After I repainted the wall in the show space, I need to solve the problem of fixing two middle-sized ceramic on the wall. The following image shows the process.
Then I need to find a way to hang the ceramic balls.
This was how my work looked at the end of the day. I will do some adjustment to the balls, as Maiko mentioned that I should let one ball's line go over another. In which case, people can see the lines that will reduce the feeling of floating.
Before I left the college, I filled the ceramic tank with water. There was no leaking before I go. If there is no leaking over the weekend, I will move it to the showroom and start to build the setting in the tank on Monday. Since the water needs to be matured before I can put fish in, there will be no fish or other animals during the assessment. Hopefully, I can get them in before the show starts.
Also, I need to sort out what kind of light should I use. I bought some waterproof lights, but I can only decide with the water inside the tank. Perhaps the other two middle-sized works need extra lights as well. It is not easy for people to see the nice details inside.