Search This Blog

Friday 6 March 2015

Laniakea: Form Experiment 3


At the beginning, I planned to use clay that has darker colour in this project. Since I am going to use glazes that look like the cosmos. And if some accidents happened that the clay body was not fully covered by the glazes, it would not be so abrupt to see the clay.

That is why I chose terracotta when I begun the test. Considering I may fire the work to stoneware, I was worried that terracotta might collapse, especially for the bigger one. Then I bought another two stoneware clay online, one was the pink grog, and the other one is black grog.

I had never used black clay before, but I like the colour of the clay body.
Here are some pieces I made with black clay. 
For these two, I picked another design from my sketch book, which has different details to the previous design.
Another idea about creating universe is through talking. During the time, I decided to focus on parallel universes to express the idea of 'unmeasurable heaven', which is the meaning of Laniakea. I did some research about parallel universes.

In one documentary, it was mentioned that scientists think there are four types of parallel universes. The third one is that the copies of our universe share the same space and time with us, but have different life. Each time we think, or make any decision, or do anything, may cause the universe split into two. The copies are in different dimensions, so we could not realise them. And there are infinite copies. 
The idea showed in the images is based on the third type of parallel universes. These creatures are talking, and what they have said are turning into universes to others. They may not realise what is happening. To them, those are just something they said. But to others,  maybe these others are not existed yet, these are their universes, their world. 

Nest step, I am going to use irregular bubbles to present what they said, which can be connected to the speech bubbles in comic. I grew up with comics, which formed the person I am, influencing the way I think, the images in my head. Well, even sometimes I will worried about being to comic, it is the fact that I cannot run away. So why not using it?




No comments:

Post a Comment