Search This Blog

Saturday 21 February 2015

Creative Collaboration - 4 Making and assembling


As our theme is the Mad Tea Party in the Alice in Wonderland, and we are planing to show our version of the tea party during the presentation. Thus, I decide to make some decorations with the fabric I dyed that are relevant to the story.

First of all, I started to make the March Hare. I didn't want to go for the realistic route. I made the hare's head with newspaper and branch, and then covered them with my fabrics.











The form came out was more like a dog than a hare from some perspectives. Well, it was my first time doing such things, so I was quite enjoying and satisfied by the result.

I cut the fabrics into pieces, overlaying them on the head, and then sewed them together.



Here it is, the finished look.





The back of it was a bit twisted, but overall, it was not bad. And the branch, was deliberately added for sticking candy floss during the presentation. Some people found it is more like a deer because of the branch. For me, it was hard to ignore the two big ears.

After finished the head, I used black card paper, some dyed fabrics, feather and a little bit of wool to make a tiny Mad Hat. 

It was chaotic during making, but surprisedly, it ended quite well.




I was pretty enjoyed in making these works. Which was one of our goal of the project - having.

No comments:

Post a Comment