Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Morley College - Ceramic Course 1 & 2


05/11/2014

Teaching: Soft slab-building

Rolling pin, use credit card or rubber kidney compress the clay, puncture bubbles if have.
Use flat template to cut the shape out. Find the way that object forms, and image the other way around, creating flat template. Cut the edge into slope, close the form from bottom, press them together.

Cut the bottom with any suitable tool.

Flatten the bottom.
My Practice.

Clay: Red Crank
Slab-built, shape pressed.

 12/11/14

Continuing soft slab-building

pattern pressed, many domestic material could do, like wall paper. 
Soften edges with fabric underneath.
Cut edges into slopes. 
Centre the column on the wheel, using finger as a guide.
Creating a triangular foot by keeping turning and pressing.


Seal the centre part with a bit of clay.
make belly.
My Practice

Made from an irregular slab, and pattern came from a piece of wall paper.
Looks like a penguin.


Clay here is a mixture of red crank and a kind of soft stoneware (checking), extruded from the blue machine behind. The template I used has four holes in different sizes.





Some other people's works there

I would like my work has this kind of fluent form.


slip, print, nice designed
I would like to try something like this.

glaze combination, reminds me ice, snow, mountain

reminds me beach side, like the colour scheme.

some nice glazes over there





No comments:

Post a Comment