Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Work inspired by costume 1 - outcome 1

Now the work was fired to 1220℃. 

The cobalt is blue, but is too dark for me. The rest of colour looks fine, however I applied too thick that there are some uneven fragments on the clay body. These fragments are easy to be teared off that I don't think this work can be put into water straight away.




I am planning to apply a layer of semi-opaque white glaze on the part of the work, in order to achieve a blur feeling. Actually I should biscuit fire it first, and then apply the glaze. At the beginning, we were told the ceramic studio was going to close in one week, so I don't have enough time to fire twice. That is why I fire it to 1220, cause I want to have a look of the colour after firing. Then they extended the opening time, so I can fire again with glaze on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment