Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Reference: Master's Porcelain, Novelty Teapots & Animals in Clay


My research paper is about fantasy art, so I am finding 3D works matching this direction which may be used as examples in my paper.

1. Master's Porcelain



I like the weirdness in her work, as well as elements of illustration she used.





His works are close to the setting in my imagination. It is strange that after his composition, these daily objects turned into something surreal and marvellous.


This is another style of work, which has more organic, magical forms. Though these two artists all used objects in our daily life, the style of work showed completely different.


Colours here are so attractive.







2. Novelty Teapots

Following photos were taken from two books, which both are about teapots with novel shape.

Before I read these books, I didn't know that a teapot can have such various forms.






















3. Animals in Clay





Temporarily, I have no idea about how I am going to use these references, but they have given me some inspiration.

The majority of ceramic work I can find is object, hoping that I can find more work about landscape, space and setting. I will keep looking for them, and also check stage setting, installation, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment