Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Camberwell BA Summer Show 2014


Because I quickly saw this show and could not find the cards I collected later, so here I post some works that visually attract me or can inspire me in someway. 


It's new for me to know that sponges for dish washing can be made into a work like this. I like the colour in this work, warm like marshmallow.




I don't what is this work, but its shape is interesting.


These tiles are plaster, and the pattern on them are drops of ink. I like the way that ink blended.


There are several plastic sheets with picture overlaid in the TV, which formed a psychedelic effect.



I like the detail here that the plaster or concrete was squeezed through the metal mesh and formed a wierd texture.



This work is made of expand foam. I was wondering whether I can use this to make the shape I want and cast it. But the undercut, as in the picture, makes me worried.



I saw this girl when she cast this group of work. My guess is she collected a lot of toys with interesting shape and press them into clay, then created these rich narrative pictures. 



Here are some printings which are relevant to surreal world.





Here are some etching printings. The white parts in the works are like ice or snow, and I can still feel the volume of them. Very nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment